Are you new to captioning and transcription?
Do you want to learn more about best practices?
The following is a list of captioning resources:
- TEDx Talk: How captions increase ROI and audience for media creators
- Book: Sound is Not Enough: The Art of Captioning as Universal Access
- Quality captioning and transcribing
- Captioning Consulting Services
- How quality captioning benefits both customers and businesses
- Speech to text solutions for deaf people
- Online communication and information access for deaf people
- Captioning reading experience survey results
- Movie theater caption access survey results
- How to add good quality captions to videos in Youtube, Vimeo, Facebook
- To auto caption or not – That is the question
- Why subtitles are not accessible to me as a deaf person
- Comparing Captions and Subtitling Is Like Comparing Apples and Oranges
- Subtitles or Captions for Foreign Movies and Videos?
- Audio Accessibility YouTube videos
The resources above provide a lot of useful information. However, there’s no one size solution for all situations. It can be only customized per each situation.