For more information about hearing loss, assistive technologies, communication support services, advocacy, educational, medical and legal questions, you can check the following links:
- Certified CART writers (nationwide and international services – listed by NCRA)
- Captioning Services Vendors (PDF) listed by DCMP
- “YouTube Ready” Qualified Captioning Vendors (recommended captioning services for online videos)
- Transcripts on the Web. Henry, Shawn Lawton (list of captioning and transcription services with notes on their quality)
- Caption It Yourself by DCMP (list of DIY website-based and desktop captioning tools)
- CaptionFish: Search engine of captioned movies at local theaters in USA.
- Meet the Experts – Captioning A, B, C’s webinar by Automatic Sync Technologies
- Hearing Loss and Captioning resource list by WebAIM
- Captioning Key Guidelines by DCMP
- Developing a Web Accessibility Business Case by Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
- Coalition of Organizations for Accessible Technology (COAT): A coalition of national and international organizations advocating for accessibility and usability of technology for people with disabilities.
- DCMP – Described and Captioned Media: An organization that promotes and provides equal access to communication and learning through described and captioned educational media.
- Hands and Voices: An organization that supports all communication options for deaf children.
- National Cued Speech Association (NCSA): An organization that focuses on Cued Speech as primary communication, but also supports other communication options.
- Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA): An organization that focuses on using hearing devices, but also supports other communication options.
- National Association of the Deaf (NAD): An organization that focuses on sign language as primary communication, but also supports other communication options.
- American Society for Deaf Children
- AG Bell Association for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Deaf Research Foundation (DRF)
Communication Access Services
- National Court Reporters Association (NCRA)
- National Center for Accessible Media (NCAM)
- Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID)
- American Disability Act (ADA)
- Rehabilitation Act
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- Telecommunications Act
- Air Carrier Access Act